Tuesday, September 28, 2010

true victory

This world has nothing to offer me. There is nothing I need or nothing can be taken from me. In & through Christ, I have won all there is to win. I have total victory in Christ. So why do I strive for minuscule advances, credits and approvals? I've won. My life is better spent having the mind of Christ, and so... loving and serving others, putting them first and helping them "win" too. What a relief from this cut-throat world of pushing your way to the top, getting ahead, getting what you want, getting noticed, feeling approved & adored... how tiring?
I've won all that and so much more.

-1 Corinthians 15:56 "Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord."

-Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

-Philippians 2:3-8 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death — even death on a cross!"

-Philippians 1:21 "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain."

No comments:

Post a Comment